November 29, 2012
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas season is upon us and many communities around this time have holiday festivities and parades. If you have been put in charge of decorating this year’s Christmas parade float – don’t worry! Building a creative Christmas parade float to “wow” your community is only a few ideas away.
- Create Christmas scenes by using props that incorporate your float design and theme. Adding garland, balloons, and inflatables will create an eye-catching and entertaining float!
- Dress up in holiday wearables! Christmas head boppers and light up flashing jewelry are perfect choices to make you stand out on the float. Have one jolly volunteer dress as Santa Claus to throw small favors and candy from a bag of goodies.
- Spruce up the bottom of the float with red or green fringe to give a finished, polished look. Don’t forget a custom banner with your organization’s name or a holiday message and balloons for the front of the float.
Christmas Parade Float Themes:
- Christmas in Toyland
- Candy Land
- Gingerbread House
- White Christmas
- Winter Wonderland
- Nativity Scene
- Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Christmas Around the World
- Santa’s Workshop